On 19 and 20 September 2017 in Havana, the European Union and the Ministry of Energy and Mines of the Republic of Cuba are jointly organising the “Cuba Sustainable Energy Forum 2017: Accelerating the achievement of the 24% renewable energy target for 2030.”
The event is organized within the framework of the EU-funded project, EU Technical Assistance Facility (EU TAF) for SE4ALL Initiative for Neighbourhood (East and South), Asia (including Central Asia), Latin America, Caribbean and Pacific that is being implemented by the Sofreco led consortium (Consortium Partners: Revelle Group - GNFE – ECN – CEERD – SEVEn).
Revelle Group is providing support to this ground-breaking event where networking and investment facilitation meetings between Cuban institutions and foreign investors will be a key aspect. Revelle Group is supporting the technical development of the programme and in facilitating the B2B sessions by establishing investment leads and contacts between Cuban counterparts and EU companies. Revelle is also supporting the Ministry in presenting their pipeline of projects in renewable energy.
The Sustainable Energy Forum is being organised with two main objectives:
- For the Cuban authorities to present their new energy and foreign investment policies along with the portfolio of investment opportunities in the fields of renewable energy and energy efficiency in Cuba;
- For the EU to showcase technologies and lessons learnt from the European experience and present the range of available financing instruments in Cuba.
Cuba is calling foreign investors to take a serious look at the investment opportunities on offer as included in the “CUBA: Portfolio of Opportunities for Foreign Investment 2016-2017” which includes renewable energy project opportunities in wind, solar PV, hydro and biomass. The Cuban Government:
- Provides projects that are ready for implementation and fully permitted
- Guarantees the purchase of all generated energy, on a priority basis
- Offers long-term power purchase agreements with negotiated market prices
It is expected that up to 100 participants, including policymakers, energy companies (including manufacturers and technology providers, developers, investors), financiers and funds, EU Member States and international organisations will attend the event.
Targeted matchmaking meeting facilitation is offered between potential foreign investors and the relevant Cuban project negotiators.
Also, the EU is celebrating the provisional application of the Political Dialogue and Cooperation Agreement between the EU and Cuba supporting, among other areas, the sustainable energy sector. A new convergence of interests between the EU and Cuba now exists and the EU has an important leading role to play.
For more information about the forum and to register, please visit