Despite the efforts made by emerging and developing countries to support an enabling environment for foreign investments, in many countries there are legal and administrative restrictions. The main problem is the difficulty in getting ‘traction’ within the competent agencies, illustrating a lack of institutional capacity and ‘connectedness’ between the state organisations responsible for policy development and execution.
Revelle supports private sector players in their understanding of regulatory frameworks for energy in emerging economies or developing countries.
Our areas of work are:
- Power (electricity) sector
- Renewable energy
- Energy efficiency
- Oil & gas
We provide services in:
- Identification of applicable requirements in terms of legal and regulatory frameworks
- Monitoring of legal and regulatory requirements
- Support in licensing and permitting
- Regulatory and research Q&A style support